Current retail price is $29.95, and this price will show on your invoice.
Use the button on the right to purchase the book using Paypal. You can also purchase the book through Amazon.com--that might save you a little on shipping.
If you're interested in buying more than 10 copies for an event, or if you're a retailer, please contact me.
My book is 142 pages of full-color photos and (14 pt) text, all involving the following the art of the resin ball-jointed doll. Their original introduction to the market was in 1999 (by Volks), and I dive a little into their history first. Here is the book's outline:
What is a BJD?
- A brief history of the BJD
- My take on the Resin versus Vinyl debate
- Notes on sizes
- Commonly used terms and abbreviations
- Purchasing basics
- How collecting BJDs is different than other types of collecting
- Words of caution
- Aesthetics and what is important to you
- Pricing and quality
- Themes and customization
- Notes about yellowing
- To consider before your purchase
- In person
- On the secondary market
- BJD supplies
- Regular maintenacne
- Basic customizing
- Enhancing projects
- Making online connections
- Metting BJD collectors in person