Google+ BJDs for Beginners

Sunday, August 14, 2011

What a difference a face-up makes!

Goodreau Whisper by alington
Goodreau Whisper, a photo by alington on Flickr.

American BJD Whisper (by Goodreau Doll) was one of my first ball-jointed dolls. I've always loved her open-mouth sculpt. I've wanted to give her a unique face-up all her own, which I recently got around to doing for her.

She was sent to Overnight Flight with instructions to make her look a little concerned, worried and confused. She received a complete face-up, and here she is! I think she makes a perfect Alice.

I still haven't gotten around to putting in eyelashes, but I am sort of enjoying her look without them for now. I think she's super sweet and innocent-looking. See more photos on Flickr.

I realized that before you sell a doll, it might be worth the extra $40 to send the head out for a nice face-up, just to see what the artist will do for you. It can make all the difference in the doll.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. We take the time to read each one, and try to get back to you within one working day.