|Vampire Goldie, Fairy of Color - Peak's Woods|
- Like or love? The first thing I need to do is pair down the number of dolls I have in my collection. I have too many to enjoy in a reasonable way. I don't like the clutter, and some need to move on. My next project will be to figure out who stays and who goes, with the hard question, Do I like this doll, or really love this doll?
- Sticking to budget. I have my next book, the next edition of BJDs for Beginners, well underway, and I'd like to get it finished. Until I do, I need to stick to my budget. So far, so good--I've got Vamp Goldie on order, and I want to sell two from my "like" list before her arrival.
- Continuing contemporary. I am in love with contemporary clothing for BJDs. They are really fun to style, though perhaps not as easy to find as other themes. I would like to go through my dolls' clothing and get rid of everything I don't love and that doesn't fit this style.
- More photography. Practice makes perfect. I need to take more photos. Because of a recent injury to my rotator cuff, I haven't been able to lift my camera. I'm healing pretty well, though, so I'll want to start shooting whenever I can.
- Decluttering the display. Part of what makes collecting BJDs fun is the display. When mine is so crowded you can't see one doll for the next, that makes things uncomfortable. If I want to display each doll I own, I'd better be sure to get rid of enough so there's room for everyone!
I think that will do it for now. Do you have any dolls on your wish list for the year? What about any major changes to your collection?