Google+ BJDs for Beginners

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Introducing Viyol

Viyol in Bubbles by alington
Viyol in Bubbles, a photo by alington on Flickr.
Another recent arrival is Peak's Woods Viyol. She is also a Fairy of Color and stands 58 cm tall (about 22.5"). She's a white skin BJD, and she has a custom face-up. I requested make-up similar to "The Glamour" dolls, which were released last year.

I bought the head and body of this doll separately, which, when white resin is involved, can be a little iffy due to resin yellowing and matching issues. But I knew the seller and trusted her and wasn't disappointed.

Viyol is one of the earliest sculpts, but you don't see many of these girls online. I think she is highly underrated! I love her open mouth, and her eyes are set quite far back in her head, which gives her a unique (almost vacant) look.

2 comments:

  1. She's very pretty! I've never seen her on DoA before, so it's really nice to see some Viyol love! I love her eyes, what size did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure these are 18mm. She has huge eyes, so they might be 20mm. (She just might be my favorite PW girl, but don't tell any of the other girls!)

    If you're interested, you can see more of Viyol on Flickr. Some of these photos are mine, but there are a few others, too. She isn't rare, but for some reason, she sells better in person--I heard from Peak's Woods that she sells better in Korea, Japan and China, and also at shows.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. We take the time to read each one, and try to get back to you within one working day.