Google+ BJDs for Beginners

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Rogita in Vintage AM lingerie

Rogita in Vintage AM lingerie by alington
Rogita in Vintage AM lingerie, a photo by alington on Flickr.
Have I mentioned lately how much I adore the Absolute Beauty body by Peak's Woods?

Well, let me just restate: I love it!

It's stylized just enough to fit my personal aesthetic. Don't get me wrong: I love realistic-looking dolls as well. But there will always been something in me that's attracted to the super-slim waist that only a doll can have.

I love curves. The angular curves of the bust and hips are just enough to bring the shape together perfectly. The hip bones are visible (on Type A), which I think is a great sculpting detail.

The body is heavy and sturdy enough to stand on its own, and still able to pose well. A lot of times, when you have dolls that are double-jointed, you lose some of the rock-solid standing ability of single-jointed dolls. In the case of the Absolute Beauty body, you still have both.

The proportions of this doll are perfect for Tonner Doll's fashion doll clothing for their 22" doll. Here, my lovely Rogita is dressed in the outfit from Tonner's latest release, Vintage Basic American Model. It's a fantastically detailed set. It includes:
  • a white cotton Swiss dot one-piece bloomer with blue ribbon trim
  • sheer white striped tights
  • a satin pink corset with white lace trim and blue ribbon faux boning
You can see additional photos of Rogita on my Flickr photo stream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. We take the time to read each one, and try to get back to you within one working day.